We’ve been studying the Meyers-Briggs personality types, and while there are an above-average number of introverts among our cohort, world-wide the average has been set at around 25%.
This blog post covers 10 myths about introverts. It was a good, short read, and I thought it jived well with what we have been learning.
These are some things I liked, that affirm what introverts are, at least, from my own perspective.
- Introverts just don’t talk unless they have something to say.
- Introverts often don’t see a reason for beating around the bush with social pleasantries.
- They can count their close friends on one hand. If you are lucky enough for an introvert to consider you a friend, you probably have a loyal ally for life.
- They don’t make most decisions based on what is popular or trendy.
- If there is too much talking and noise going on, they shut down.
I felt like Carl was describing me! The recommended book is The Introvert Advantage by Marti Olsen Laney.