During the fall semester, we were enrolled in EDLP 711 – Field Experience I where we focused on the ins and outs of program evaluations. In EDLP 716, our focus was on writing, connected to program evaluations. The semester gave us experience conducting a focus group, writing and creating logic models, choosing appropriate evaluation designs, and writing literature reviews. In addition, we began work on our own evaluation projects which will continue into the Spring 2013 semester.
- Field Experience 3: Senior Project Evaluation
From my work with VSTE and Goochland, I have several noteworthy artifacts during August-December, 2012.
1. John Hendron receives Making IT Happen Award – At the 27th Annual Virginia Society for Technology in Education conference, I received the internationally-recognized award for education technology leaders. It was an honor to be nominated by my friends through VSTE and to join the ranks of a very distinguished roster of recipients over the years.
2. Fall 2012 Instructional Newsletter – our instructional leadership team in Goochland created a new newsletter this school year. The first edition includes an article I wrote on the use of Edmodo, and I also am the one who created the actual newsletter using Adobe InDesign.
3. Winter 2012 Instructional Newsletter – the second instructional newsletter of the season. In this one, I contributed an article about our model for 21st century classrooms.
4. Converge Magazine 50 Most Innovative Educators in the USA – I was listed with 49 other individuals in the Technology Innovation in Education yearbook as one of the most innovative educators in the nation. It was great to be recognized for my creativity in what I do.
5. 2012 VSTE Presentation – eBooks and iBooks Author – for the 27th annual VSTE Conference, I presented on electronic textbooks and iTunes U, with emphasis on iBooks Author, a free tool for developing interactive electronic textbooks for iPads and iOS devices.
The ISTE/VSTE award appeared in a story in the Goochland Gazette in their 27 December 2012 edition.